BIOTONE Spa Firmi-Sea targeted CELLULITE TREATMENT
Most spas offer some form of specialized massage and seaweed-based treatment for clients wishing to improve the condition of cellulite. While these treatments are not panaceas for this common condition, they can temporarily improve the dimpled appearance in certain areas, and for this clients are willing to pay a good price.
The treatment incorporates three vital components to aid in accomplishing the desired effects: a stimulating exfoliation using loofah or dry bristle brush, a targeted wrap using Firmi-Sea Body Mud and firming therapeutic complex, and vigorous massage using skin rolling and percussive techniques to maximize circulation to the area. A fourth component of hydrotherapy is beneficial if you have a hydrotherapy tub with high-powered underwater massage hose available.
This treatment is a great way to generate retail sales and series sales (5 or 10 pre-paid Firmi-Sea Targeted Cellulite Treatments).
Note: Always be sure to include a DISCLAIMER in your brochures, menus, and other materials, stating that clients need to include exercise, diet, lifestyle considerations, and plenty of WATER CONSUMPTION (64 ounces per day), in addition to use of the Biotone Spa products, in order to achieve optimal results.
- 90 MINUTES
- 5 WEEKS FOR SERIES (2X PER WEEK FOR 10 SESSIONS)
- $90 – $120
- $800 – $1000 SERIES OF TEN
- BIOTONE SPA FIRMI-SEA BODY MUD – five seaweeds, fatty acids, vitamins
- FIRMING CUSTOMIZING COMPLEX – Verbena, Grapefruit, Lemongrass, Orange, Bergamot, Rosewood
- HYDRATING LOTION or Body Butter – Apricot and Wheat Amino Acids, Beta Glucan, Vitamin E
STIMULATES MICRO-CIRCULATION & CELLULAR EXCHANGE IN AFFECTED AREA, TEMPORARILY IMPROVING APPEARANCE OF CELLULITE
ALLERGY/SENSITIVITY TO SEAWEEDS OR IODINE, CLAUSTROPHOBIA (CHECK CLIENT INTAKE FORM TO SEE IF ANY OF THESE CONDITIONS ARE PRESENT)
FITTED SHEET, FLAT SHEET, BLANKET, FLAT SHEET, THERMAL BLANKET, PLASTIC WRAP, BATH SHEET
YOU WILL NEED
- ½ CUP FIRMI-SEA BODY MUD
- 45 DROPS FIRMING CUSTOMIZING COMPLEX
- GREEN TEA & LIME LEAF HYDRATING LOTION for reflexology
- PLASTIC WRAP
- RUBBER SPA BOWL
- LOOFAH OR DRY BRISTLE BODY BRUSH (optional if not doing salt or polish exfoliation first)
- NATURAL BRISTLE PAINT BRUSH (OPTIONAL)
- FOUR HOT MOIST TOWELS (OR SHOWER IN WET ROOM)
- WARMING UNIT
TARGETED CELLULITE TREATMENT PROCEDURE
- (Optional) Perform a consultation and assessment prior to beginning this treatment, especially in the case of a series, for which clients pay a large amount. Talk to the client about lifestyle issues and her willingness to dedicate herself to the program for the duration of treatment. With client in bathing suit or underwear, assess visible signs of cellulite.
- Client begins face down. Starting at the client’s left leg, use loofah or dry bristle brush to perform a VIGOROUS exfoliation in circular motions beginning just above the knee and working to the buttocks, finishing at the upper waist for a total of 3 – 5 minutes, focusing on target areas (cellulite). Exfoliate arms from elbow to the upper triceps area, cupping the elbow to support the arm. Re-cover the client’s leg and repeat on right side. Client should be forewarned about the stimulating nature of this step, which differs substantially from regular exfoliation.
- Client turns over. Insert a breast and pelvic towel at this time. Then beginning at client’s right leg, use same vigorous exfoliation beginning above the knee and work up to the high waist for a total of 3-5 minutes. Drape the client with a bath sheet from the feet to the waist.
- Mix 40 drops Firming Customizing Complex into ½ cup Firmi-Sea Body Mud, warm mixture in hydrocollator, roaster, or other unit (microwave not recommended), and apply to target areas, including hips, thighs, buttocks, stomach, and backs of upper arms. Beginning at bottom right corner of table, have client bend right leg at the knee and place right foot flat on the table to expose outer thigh, rolling slightly to the left. Start at the knee and apply mud beginning on the outside of the leg above the knee to the buttocks. Apply to right hand side of back at this time. Apply to inner thigh. Cover upper leg with plastic. Proceed to arm and apply mud from elbow to triceps. Cover arm with plastic. Repeat on left side of the body. Spread mixture beyond target areas as well, but there is no need to cover lower legs, upper back, chest, etc.
- Wrap client in layers, first with plastic wrap, then thermal blanket and cotton or wool blanket. Allow to rest for 20 –25 minutes. During this time, you may optionally apply reflexology to the feet, focusing on lymphatic drainage points.
- Beginning at lower left corner, unwrap client and remove mud. Mud removal starts on outer thigh, inner thigh of opposite leg, buttocks, waist and then arm, using the moist towels or assist to a shower. As the leg is cleansed, have the client lift that hip while you roll/fold the plastic wrap and thermal blanket under and away from the body. Repeat on the other leg. Remove the plastic/thermal blanket from the table entirely and have client lie on the clean flat sheet. Cover client with bath sheet to prevent chilling.
- Use 1 tablespoon of replenishing light oil mixed with 4 – 6 drops of firming Customizing Complex to perform a firm massage to targeted areas (outer & inner thigh, buttocks, upper waist, arms) for 30 minutes, focusing on skin rolling and tapotement techniques. You can also to have your cellulite massage oil pre-mixed, with 80 drops of firming Customizing Complex in an 8 oz. bottle.
- Cellulite massage technique: With client face up, begin at the bottom of the table with left leg, then the right, abdomen, arms, then have client turn over, massage left leg, then right, buttocks, waist, then arms. (This segment takes twenty minutes total. Ten for the front and ten for the back.) For each targeted area, apply these techniques, using the following procedures:
- Apply product with long strokes. Repeat 3 times during one minute period.
- Next, use knuckle effleurage in long strokes. Repeat 3 times during one minute period.
- Then use small skin rolling technique pushing with the thumbs and pulling with the fingers. This technique can be done moving up the leg as well as across the leg. Repeat 3 times during one minute period.
- Use an open handed percussion. Repeat 3 times during one minute period.
- Finish with deeper long strokes. Repeat 3 times during one minute period.
- For Abdomen use long strokes, skin rolling and deeper long strokes. Avoid knuckle effleurage and percussion.
- If arms are treated, use longs strokes, effleurage, knuckle strokes and deep long strokes, concentrating on triceps. Percussion and skin rolling techniques can be used on arms when client is face down.
- Finish with an overall body application of body butter mixed with firming Customizing Complex, focusing once again on target areas.
TARGETED CELLULITE TREATMENT NOTES
HYDRO: If a hydrotherapy tub with high-pressure underwater manual massage hose is available, use this treatment for 20 – 25 minutes prior to the start of the above procedure and charge more for the overall treatment ($30 more per treatment, $250 more per series).
H2O: Advise clients that in order to maximize the effects of this treatment they should drink plenty of water. Recommended minimum: 2 liters (approximately 64 ounces) of pure fresh water a day while treatment series is in progress.
DISCLAIMER: There is only so much you can do to aid a client’s transformation. During a series of cellulite treatments, suggest she follow a healthy high-fiber diet and do some sort of cardiovascular activity in order to highlight effects of treatment.
HOME CARE: The effects of the Biotone Spa Targeted Cellulite Treatment can be amplified if your client takes home a treatment kit for self-use. Biotone will be developing new home-care kits for this and other services in the future.
At MassageWarehouse.com, massage therapist enjoy a one-stop shop for professional quality massage products at the lowest prices available. Rely on Massage Warehouse for your massage supplies, salon equipment and supplies and spa equipment and supplies needs.